Friday, May 1, 2015

The 2015 District Art Show




















I am absolutely thrilled with the work shown at this year's district art show.  As I said in my previous blog, I believe that my young artists have met the high standards I have set for them, and I am proud of the growth I have seen in the students.

I was better prepared this year for the district show than any other year because I have focused on organization of the students' artwork, and making sure they had titled their work.  I hung my artwork on the first day I was able to get into the gallery, and made sure to get a nice table for the three-dimensional work.

             
                       The Teddy Bear clay sculpture got a lot of attention, as well as the First graders' stitching projects.

The tiny Arches National Monument sculpture (bottom left) was one of the most creative sculptures I have ever seen with clay




Another piece that received a lot of attention was the Eye painting (seen on the middle right).  Many people, kids and adults, were very impressed that it was done by a fifth grader.  The artist was able to come to the opening night, and it was fun to get to tell him about the buzz around his piece.  

In general, the show had a great turnout despite heavy thunder and lightning storms that swept through from the beginning to the end of the gallery opening.  I love getting to meet families of the artists and see that impact it has on them as well.  Everyone took lots of happy, proud pictures.  




Next up -- The School Art show!


No comments:

Post a Comment